What should I do if an identity thief uses my financial accounts to set up utility services?

An identity thief may use your personal and financial information to get telephone, cable, electric, water, or other services. Report fraudulent accounts to the service provider as soon as you discover them and cancel the services. For electric or water services contact your state Public Utility Commission at www.naruc.org/commissions. For phone services contact your provider or if you need further assistance contact the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322 or www.fcc.gov/cgb.

Leave a comment